Thursday, March 13, 2008

Took a little longer than expected

Sorry to anyone who cares, but I didn't get the new video uploaded last night. I was trying to merge an older rom with the item name hacks on it with my current hack. So I was making some partial ips patches to apply to my current hack, but I didn't know how to make a partial patch for the expanded ROM text area. All it took was a bit of thinking to remember that I was just being stupid (to make a partial patch of the expanded text area you have to set it to the beginning memory address and the end memory address of the expanded area).

Suffice to say I got that done and I added in my custom battle sprites that I've made for Oceanside. I uploaded a new preview video to Youtube, you can find it at the bottom of this post, or in the video bar on the right side of this page. I think I'm going to continue to use Youtube to host my videos instead of Blogger, mainly because their videos don't have a full screen option.

Note: I still have to tweak some of the enemy actions so their battle text goes with the enemy better, but that won't be too difficult. Also a couple enemies from Mother 3 are in this video, but there's gonna be a lot of monsters from Mother 3 in my game so be prepared for spoilers even though they're small.

No comments: