Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ran into some problems...

Thankfully now they are fixed though. I ran into a problem with the control code I was using to create the main menu for the CD Player. It says in the control code lexicon that the code [09 XX YY YY YY YY] can have up to 255 text pointers, but for some reason it would stop at the 63rd track/text pointer. I didn't know what to do at first but with a little bit of thinking I came up with the idea that instead of the 63rd pointer being a song track I would make it a jump pointer, to "jump" to an entirely new text area and open a new window with tracks 64 through 109 with the last pointer in the new window being a jump pointer jumping back to the beginning.

I don't know if anyone reading this is going to make any sense out of the above paragraph but suffice to say the CD Player Works past 63 tracks now, I'm up to 109 tracks currently. But I am confident that I will complete this early tomorrow and release an IPS patch accordingly.

Until then here's a video for your enjoyment. Unfortunately it can't be hosted on YouTube(because of maintenance) so I just uploaded it with Blogger so sorry about the size of the video. I'll upload it to YouTube tomorrow when I wake up.

Edit: here's the video, now on YouTube.

No comments: